Monday, January 20, 2014

Time Flies!

It seems so cliché to say but this past year sure has flown by! This time last year, Tonico was in Belgium interviewing for the job he currently holds. Now, a year later, we are preparing to leave Belgium behind and head back to CHARLOTTE! Ingersoll Rand has gone through some major restructuring and with that, a position in Davidson, NC opened up that we could not pass up. 

Now we are back to the lists upon lists of To-Do's before we make the move back (tentatively scheduled for March). Thankfully this move will be much easier as we know the culture we are coming back to! There will be no need for FBI background checks, residency requirements, apostilized documents, etc, etc. Instead it's car shopping, apartment/house hunting, job searching for me and making plans to bring our puppy back home to us!

While this time in Belgium has been tough, it has been a great year for Tonico and I to learn about a whole new culture first hand! As we begin the countdown to Charlotte, it seems only fitting that we think and reflect on the things we are going to miss once we are gone. 

If I had to make a list right now, it would be:
1. The beer - sure you can buy most in the US but it's just not the same!
2. The architecture
3. The ease of travel to so many beautiful and historic locations

..ok so I am struggling to make this list - I know there are many more things - I just cannot stop thinking about all of the things I am looking forward to back in the US. Here are just a few:

1. Seeing Tonico and Chucho reunite for the first time in a year
2. Eating Mexican food
3. Celebrating being home with our dear friends in Charlotte!
4. Getting to know my sweet Aliyah (my friend Jen's baby girl)
5. WORKING
6. Speaking English
7. Customer service
8. Friendly strangers who say please, thank you, excuse me, I'm sorry, etc
9. MEXICAN FOOD
10. Being only an hour ahead of my family instead of 7
11. Jessica & Matt's wedding
12. Brian & Andrea's wedding
13. Ryan & Katie's wedding
14. Mexican, everything from Chipotle to Cantina 1511
15. Being with family and friends for so many of the above items!

Just wanted to keep everyone updated! We have so appreciated all the thoughts, well wishes, mail and Skype dates we have had with everyone while we have been gone. We certainly did not think this move would be happening so quickly but we are so excited!

Hope everyone is doing well and sticking to their New Years Resolutions! 2014 is going to be an amazing year!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot vacationing with Jenna... I'll forgive you this time! :) CANNOT WAITTTTTT!!!! If you need me to drive with you from MN to NC, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete