Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The First of Many Goodbyes

Well tonight has been much more difficult than I had previously imagined. Tonico and I have done this before, we have been apart, at most, a month so I was not worried. What's one more month? And truthfully, it really was easy. There's something extremely exciting about knowing the next time I see my husband I will be getting off a plane and starting my life in Brussels with my best friend!

No friends, saying goodbye to my husband was not too difficult. What was really hard -brace yourselves- was saying good bye to my 'boo boo'. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I'm not much of an animal person, especially not dogs! But, Tonico had a dog, and if I wanted to marry him, and live with my husband, I would have to just suck it up. And it was not easy! It's very hard to get used to a dog that chews up your shoes, that needs to go outside no matter what the weather and that is at your feet constantly! Then Tonico started traveling for work and it was all up to me to take care of Chucho. And after about 2 months he became my new best friend! Don't get me wrong, he still drove me crazy, but there is something about his fun loving personality that got me hooked! Tonight, as we packed the last few things into the moving van, it hit me that this was it. This was something I would have thought I'd be excited about - no more dog! But as I walked up the stairs to our apartment, it really sunk in. As I opened the door to my essentially empty apartment, I realized how much I really did enjoy his company! I know he is going to have a great time living out in the country  with my sister and her very excited three boys. I know I'll get to see him when I am home in a few short weeks, but it's definitely going to be a strange transition!

So now you can all laugh and say 'I told you so', but this girl misses her boo boo!





2 comments:

  1. Awwww I knew it!! ;) He has captured many hearts at such a young age! :) Love u and your boo boo! :)

    ReplyDelete