Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Welcome to Our Blog!

Where do I begin!? It feels like Tonico and I are finally getting comfortable with our lifestyle here in Charlotte. We have made such great friends since moving here. But as it goes, all good things must come to an end! And in our case, this good thing is ending but another GREAT thing is coming our way!

Tonico has always expressed his desires to move abroad to live, work and raise a family. If you would have asked me 5 years ago, I would have called you crazy for thinking I'd ever move to Charlotte, NC let alone abroad! After meeting Tonico and seeing his passion for learning different cultures and traditions, my curiosity began to grow! We finally came to the conclusion that we would love to move abroad if the right opportunity came our way. (In the back of my mind I thought "well, what are the odds of that?") And now here we are!

Tonico was offered, and accepted a position with Ingersoll Rand, the company he has been faithfully employed with for the last 5 years. We will be relocating to Brussels, Belgium in just a few short weeks! Tonico will leave Charlotte on March 20th to take a Uhaul full of our home goods back to his parent's house in Minnesota. He will be home for a few days, see as many friends and family as he can, and then he's on a plane to Brussles! And, after a whole year of him being in audit I hope this is the LAST time I have to say it, but this will be our FINAL month apart!

I will continue to work at UNCC through the madness of registration. My dad will be driving down to Charlotte to collect me and any final home essentials. I will get about a week and a half filled with friends, family and brand new baby goodness! Unfortunately, I have to be present on my last day of work, so I will fly back to Charlotte, work for a day and a half, and then April 19th, I will be hopping on a plane across the ocean.

As the details of the relocation come flooding in, we are realizing all that is involved with making a move abroad. It is all that is on our minds from the minute we wake up in the morning until we go to bed at night. And I don't know about Tonico, but even when I'm sleeping, I'm thinking about this move!

We are so beyond exciting to start this amazing new chapter in our lives! To be given this opportunity is like nothing we could have ever dreamed! Though we will miss so much from back home (which is now Charlotte AND Wisconsin/Minnesota) we know how extremely lucky we are for this journey we are about to impart on!

We have no idea if anyone will read this blog, but are hopeful it will help our friends and family keep up with us and what is going on from across the sea! More details to come and thanks for joining this journey with us!

-L & T

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool Lauren! Best wishes to you and Tonico on your journey. Not many people get to do such wonderful things like that and I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute of it! Good luck and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you both! You will be greatly missed, but you never know...I may need a vacation in the near future!! -Ashley Grice

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting, and I will definitely keep reading! I have already added you to my list of blogs I follow. :) Good luck, and as we talked about the other night, this is such a great opportunity! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Now I don't have to flood you with a million text messages! I cannot wait to come visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea Lauren! What an exciting adventure indeed! I can't wait to read all about life in Belgium! Good Luck <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing opportunity. I look forward to reading about your new adventures in Brussels. I just saw an episode of House Hunters International in Brussels :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on this new adventure! I will be following along as well! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies! I'm feeling the SAA love for sure! :o)

    ReplyDelete