Thursday, April 4, 2013

Almost Home!

Tonight is going to be tough. T-O-U-G-H. Tonight I say "seeya later" to friends. Some of the best friends. I have tears in my eyes as I type - every word another word closer to realizing what is about to happen. I am going to leave it at that...I do not want tonight to get here....today can take as long as it needs to...

I'm going to try to focus on the positive and what is coming up in my very near future:

This week has been FLYING by and for that I am thankful....I have family and friends I am absolutely dying to see!!!

Saturday morning the trek begins. I have some Starburst jellybeans, a couple mixed CD's, and some Dr. Pepper to keep me occupied on what will hopefully be about a 13 1/2 hour drive to the Milwaukee area.

First stop: The Paquin residence
My dear friend and college roommate Dani and her husband Peyton have generously allowed me to stop at their place for the night! I have been waiting very patiently to see these two again. The last time I saw them, Tonico and I met up with them while they were in Charleston, SC visiting Peyton's brother. We had lunch together and something was just a little bit different. I had made a comment to Dani and Peyton about having babies and instantly they both turned beet red. In my head I was screaming OMG SHE'S PREGNANT! But, I didn't want to steal their thunder if the pregnancy was very new, so I changed the subject. About a month later, I got a call from Dani confirming my suspicions!

On February 1st, Mr. Mason John Paquin entered the world and he is soooo handsome! He is such a perfect blend of Dani and Peyton. These two are some of the best friends I could ever ask for in life and this little man is so unbelievably lucky to be born into such a loving family. I absolutely cannot wait to visit and see how life has changed in the Paquin household!


The beautiful Paquin family :o)

Sunday morning I will pack up early and head H-O-M-E! I can't wait to see my big sister and her 3 handsome boys. I can't wait to see Chucho and how excited he will (hopefully) be to see me. I can't wait to hang out with the boys and learn all about how school is going. I can't wait to talk to them about Brussels. I can't wait to pull into my parent's driveway and be greeted by my Dad with that proud smile that he always has when his children come to visit. I can't wait to unpack my things and feel grounded, if only for a few days. I can't wait to see that beautiful little Adelaide - to smell her baby soft skin and just soak in everything about her. I can't wait to see my baby brother as a proud new Dad. I can't wait to give Andrea a BIG hug and tell her how much I admire her strength. 

I. Just. Can't. Wait.

Oh, and for all of you who have been asking me about what is still left in my apartment after Tonico moved out:

Again, a big shout out to Matt & Jen for allowing me to stay at their place where it's a bit more homey!

4 comments:

  1. What a slob! You have stuff everywhere! How do you live like that :) jk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I like to call it compartmentalizing! One pile home, one pile to Europe, one pile to Betsy, one pile to the Marin basement....it's a hot mess! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh surreal! Cannot wait to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete